TULSA MSA WORKFORCE BRIEFING
Click to view the Tulsa MSA Workforce Briefing (PDF) created by the Oklahoma Office of Workforce Development.
WORKFORCE TULSA LOCAL PLAN
The Workforce Tulsa Local Plan is subject to a two-year plan modification and updates subject to a 30-day review. Please click to view the Executive Summary (PDF), and please click to view the Workforce Tulsa Local Plan (PDF).
TULSA REGIONAL WORKFORCE INITIATIVE
The Tulsa Regional Chamber and several community partners have concluded an unprecedented 24-week initiative to gauge the state of the Tulsa area’s workforce and are now working to draft a regional plan for workforce development aimed at improving job training opportunities for residents and keeping the area’s economy competitive.
Linked with the region’s ongoing visioning effort for improving life and business in northeast Oklahoma, this Workforce Analysis Project aims to address increasing competition from other metropolitan regions and find ways to fill workforce talent gaps that have left local high-paying jobs unfilled.
LABOR MARKET PROSPECTS IN TULSA: AN ANALYSIS OF RECENT TRENDS
Thanks to Christopher T. King and Brendan Hill of the Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources at the University of Texas at Austin Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs and our partners at Community Action Project Tulsa for allowing us to share their "Labor Market Prospects in Tulsa: An Analysis of Recent Trends (PDF)."
TULSA AREA ECOSYSTEMS
The Workforce Tulsa EcoSystems report (PDF) illustrates the occupations that are critical to the area's economic growth.
WORKFORCE INNOVATION OPPORTUNITY ACT
The Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act is a bipartisan, bicameral legislation that was signed into law by President Obama on July 22, 2014. It replaces the Workforce Investment Act, thereby changing the workforce system to better prepare workers for the 21st-century workforce and ensuring businesses find the skilled employees they need to compete and create jobs in America.
Highlights of the WIOA follow. The WIOA
- Streamlines the workforce development program.
- Applies a single set of outcome metrics to every federal workforce program under the Act.
- Creates smaller, nimbler, but still employer-driven and more strategic state and local workforce development boards.
- Supports access to real-world education and workforce development opportunities through
- On-the-job, incumbent worker (existing employees), and customized training;
- New opportunities to utilize prior learning assessments;
- Requirements for implementation of industry or sector partnerships and career pathway strategies; and,
- Pay-for-performance contracts.
- Ensures individuals with disabilities have the skills necessary to be successful in businesses that provide competitive, integrated employment.
- Focuses youth program services on out-of-school youth, high school dropout recovery efforts, and attainment of recognized postsecondary credentials.
- Strengthens the connection between adult education, postsecondary education, and the workforce.
- Improves services to English language learners.
For more information, view
- The US Department of Labor's WIOA page.
- The US Department of Education's WIOA page; or
- The National Skills Coalition's analysis of WIOA.
WORKFORCE RELATED INITIATIVES REPORT FOR THE OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE ONGOING DATA COLLECTION IN RELATION TO JUVENILE JUSTICE AND EFFECTIVE USE OF RESEARCH AND EVALUATION FINDINGS
Utilizing nationally recognized best practices, ImpactTulsa is bringing all critical partners to the table. These partners are sharing accountability, measuring what matters, identifying what’s working, and helping to align community and education resources to scale best practices. Their goal is to provide a pathway where all students are guaranteed a high-quality education. Workforce Tulsa is proud to be a partner in this project.
OCCUPATIONS THAT ARE IN DEMAND
Green Country Workforce utilizes data from various sources as well as the knowledge and expertise of our business-led board to determine what occupations are in demand in the Green Country Area. Click here to view the demand occupation list in Excel. Click here for the pdf of the demand occupation list (PDF).
CLASP "INVESTING IN BOYS AND YOUNG MEN OF COLOR: THE PROMISE AND OPPORTUNITY
CLASP develops and advocates for federal, state, and local policies to strengthen families and create pathways to education and work. Their mission is to improve the lives of low-income people.
Click to read the brief focusing on employment in boys and young men of color (PDF).
GREEN COUNTRY WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD BYLAWS
GREEN COUNTRY WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT POLICIES
- GCWDB Table of Contents 10.21.2021 (DOCX)
- Adult and Dislocated Worker Policy (PDF)
- Center Certification Checklist (DOCX)
- Center Certification Policy (DOCX)
- Center Certification Policy Attachment A - A Guide to Improving One-Stops (PDF)
- Center Certification Policy Attachment B - Checklist with Compliance with Section 503 (DOC)
- Center Certification Policy Attachment C - Integrated Business Services Self Assessment (DOCX)
- Center Certification Policy Attachment D - Physical Site Accessibility Checklist (DOCX)
- Conflict of Interest Policy (DOCX)
- Data Validation and Program Note Policy (PDF)
- Data Validation and Program Note Policy Attachments (PDF)
- Demand Occupation and Skills Policy (DOCX)
- Eligible Training Providers Policy (PDF)
- Fiscal Agent Memorandum of Understanding Policy (PDF)
- Fiscal Management Policy (PDF)
- Fraud and Incident Reporting Policy (DOCX)
- Incumbent Worker Policy (PDF)
- Incumbent Worker Policy Attachments (PDF)
- Interns and Work Experience Policy (PDF)
- Interns and Work Experience Policy Attachments (PDF)
- Mission and Vision Policy (DOCX)
- Monitoring Policy (DOCX)
- Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy (PDF)
- On-The-Job Training (PDF)
- One-Stop Operator Procurement (DOCX)
- Policy Development (DOCX)
- Supportive Service Policy (PDF)
- Supportive Service Policy Attachments (PDF)
- System of Manuals Policy (DOCX)
- Uniform Personnel Policy (DOCX)
- Youth Incentive Policy (PDF)
- Youth Incentive Policy Attachments (PDF)
- Youth Program Policy (PDF)
2019 LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
Click to view the 2019 Legislative Agenda (PDF).
OKLAHOMA JUSTICE REFORM TASK FORCE FINAL REPORT
INCREASING JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Thanks to the University of Tulsa Law School Lobeck Taylor Community Advocacy Clinic for their work on this solutions-based report, "Increasing Job Opportunities, Improving the Economy, INVESTING IN OKLAHOMA (PDF)."
WORKFORCE SYSTEM ONE-STOP OPERATOR REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
View here the Request for Proposal for a One Stop Operator for the Green Country Workforce Development Board Area (DOCX).
WORKFORCE INNOVATION AND OPPORTUNITY ACT - TITLE I INTEGRATED SERVICES FOR ADULTS, DISLOCATED WORKERS, AND YOUTH PROGRAMS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
View here the Amendment (PDF) and View here the original and full Request for Proposal for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act - Title I Integrated Service for Adults, Dislocated Worker & Youth Programs for the Green Country Workforce Development Board Area (PDF), and view here the Proposers’ Questions and Answers.
Oklahoma Works, a proud partner of the American Job Center Network
Green Country Workforce is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
This website and documents herein contain vital information about requirements, rights, determinations, and/or responsibilities for accessing workforce system services. Language services, including the interpretation/translation of this document, are available free of charge upon request. El sitio del internet y documentos contiene información importante sobre los requisitos, derechos, determinaciones y responsabilidades del acceso a los servicios del sistema de la fuerza laboral. Servicios de idioma, inclullen la interpretación y traducción de documentos, disponibles a pedido y sin ningún costo.