WORKFORCE INNOVATION OPPORTUNITY ACT
The Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act is a bipartisan, bicameral legislation that was signed into law by President Obama on July 22, 2014. It replaces the Workforce Investment Act, thereby changing the workforce system to better prepare workers for the 21st-century workforce and ensuring businesses find the skilled employees they need to compete and create jobs in America.
Highlights of the WIOA follow. The WIOA
- Streamlines the workforce development program.
- Applies a single set of outcome metrics to every federal workforce program under the Act.
- Creates smaller, nimbler, but still employer-driven and more strategic state and local workforce development boards.
- Supports access to real-world education and workforce development opportunities through
- On-the-job, incumbent worker (existing employees), and customized training;
- New opportunities to utilize prior learning assessments;
- Requirements for implementation of industry or sector partnerships and career pathway strategies; and,
- Pay-for-performance contracts.
- Ensures individuals with disabilities have the skills necessary to be successful in businesses that provide competitive, integrated employment.
- Focuses youth program services on out-of-school youth, high school dropout recovery efforts, and attainment of recognized postsecondary credentials.
- Strengthens the connection between adult education, postsecondary education, and the workforce.
- Improves services to English language learners.
For more information, view
- The US Department of Labor's WIOA page.
- The US Department of Education's WIOA page; or
- The National Skills Coalition's analysis of WIOA.
Please complete the Green Country Workforce Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Eligible Training Provider (ETP) Resources
- ETP Quick Reference Guide
- ETP List Orientation PowerPoint Presentation
- ETP List Local User Guide for Managing Programs on OKJobMatch.com
- GCW Demand Occupation List
- State ETP List Policy
- Local ETP List Policy
- US Dept. of Labor Training and Employment Guidance Letters (TEGLs)
- Labor Market Information Resources
- Other Helpful Tools:
- Cohort Conversion Chart for Program Performance Data - This tool is a chart that is used to help staff understand which reporting periods apply to which elements of the ETP performance reports.
- WIOA Wage Conversion Chart (Tool to convert to quarterly wages.)
- Workforce Integrated Performance Systems (WIPS)
- The Employment & Training Administration's Postsecondary Credential Attainment Decision Tree
OCCUPATIONS THAT ARE IN DEMAND
Green Country Workforce utilizes data from various sources as well as the knowledge and expertise of our business-led board to determine what occupations are in demand in the Green Country Area. Click here to view the demand occupation list in Excel. Click here for the pdf of the demand occupation list (PDF).
GREEN COUNTRY WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD BYLAWS
GREEN COUNTRY WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD POLICIES:
- Adult and Dislocated Worker Policy (PDF)
- Access for All Starr Accessibility Framework (PDF)
- Center Certification Policy (PDF)
- Conflict of Interest Policy (PDF)
- Data Validation and Program Note Policy (PDF)
- Demand Occupation and Skills Policy (PDF)
- Eligible Training Providers Policy (PDF)
- Fiscal Agent Memorandum of Understanding Policy (PDF) - Rescinded by the Board on 12/8/2021.
- Fiscal Management Policy (PDF)
- Fraud and Incident Reporting Policy (PDF)
- Incumbent Worker Policy (PDF)
- Individual Training Account Policy (PDF)
- Interns and Work Experience Policy (PDF)
- Mission and Vision Policy (PDF)
- Monitoring Policy (PDF)
- Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy (PDF)
- One-Stop Operator Procurement Policy (PDF)
- Policy Development Policy (PDF)
- Priority of Service Policy (PDF)
- Self-Sufficiency Policy (PDF)
- Supportive Service Policy (PDF)
- System of Manuals Policy (PDF)
- Uniform Personnel Policy (PDF)
- Youth Incentive Policy (PDF)
- Youth Program Policy (PDF)
OKLAHOMA JUSTICE REFORM TASK FORCE FINAL REPORT
INCREASING JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Thanks to the University of Tulsa Law School Lobeck Taylor Community Advocacy Clinic for their work on this solutions-based report, "Increasing Job Opportunities, Improving the Economy, INVESTING IN OKLAHOMA (PDF)."
Oklahoma Works, a proud partner of the American Job Center Network
Green Country Workforce is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
This website and documents herein contain vital information about requirements, rights, determinations, and/or responsibilities for accessing workforce system services. Language services, including the interpretation/translation of this document, are available free of charge upon request. El sitio del internet y documentos contiene información importante sobre los requisitos, derechos, determinaciones y responsabilidades del acceso a los servicios del sistema de la fuerza laboral. Servicios de idioma, inclullen la interpretación y traducción de documentos, disponibles a pedido y sin ningún costo.